Kerry GAA Night of Champions at the Kingdom Greyhound Stadium
Last Friday night The Boyles Sport Night of champions was once again one to be remembered by Kerry GAA and Kingdom Greyhound Stadium punters. The racing was fast and exciting, The Kerry GAA Football & Hurling Stars were extremely generous with their time and some great prizes were won!
The Brehon Hotel Club Sweepstake
Na Gaeil & Keel GAA clubs scooped the first prize of 1,000.0 each for the clubs in The Brehon Hotel Club Sweep Final and the full results are as follows:
1. Civility Counts: Keel & Na Gaeil won 1,000.00 each
2. Garfinney Bolt: East Kerry & Kenmare District Committees won 600.00 each
3. Kerry Legend: Austin Stacks won 400.00
4. Send in Ducula: Glenflesk won 300.00
5. Russmur Beauty: Firies won 300.00
6. Kilcurra Mia: Templenoe won 300.00.
We wish to sincerely thank all the clubs for supporting this race and to those clubs in the final a mle buocas for all the last minute information supplied.
The Kerry GAA Supporters Club remembered the late Leo Griffin by sponsoring a race in his name at the Night of Champions.
The Highlight of the night on the Racing card was the Boyle Sports Race of Champions. The race was an exciting one from start to finish and first over the line was from Trap 1 Paradise Maverick and the rest of the results of the race were as follows: 2nd Trap 3 Farley Joe, 3rd Trap 2 Ballymac Boxer, Trap 6 Rural Hawaii and Trap 4 Leave at dawn and last Trap 5 Boyles Sports Duke.
Buster Race Prizes 2016 :
- 1st Prize for the winning combination: 1, 3, 2, and 6. : 1,000.00-Kerry Handball Board
- 2nd Prize: 500.00- Jim Healy c/o Whytes Centra Castleisland
- 3rd Prize: All Ireland Overnight in Dublin plus Two All Ireland Tickets. St Pats East Kerry
- 4th Prize: 2 All Ireland Tickets (Hurling OR Football) Des Adams Adams Garage Tralee
- 5th Prize: 2 Munster Final Tickets (Hurling OR Football) Angela Brosnan, Killaha West Kenmare
- 6th Prize: 1 Unit for Kerry County Committee Two year scheme. Paul Geaney Dingle.
Special Family Ticket for 4 individuals to the Kerry Senior Hurling or Kerry Senior Football County Finals went to Paudie Dineen, Abbeydorney.
The highlight off the racing field was the participation of the Kerry Football & Hurling players who were once again very generous with their time and mingled with the punters all night. It would not have been possible to stage this event without the support of the many generous sponsors, the Clubs around the county and their many members, the GAA public at large and of course Declan Dowling and his staff at the Kingdom Greyhound Stadium who host this very important fundraiser each year for the Kerry GAA Teams. Every donation towards the night is about much more than money. Its a way to show that we are willing and ready to support the Kerry teams as we have done in the Kingdom for over 100 years. Mle Buochas to everyone involved.