Bord Chiarrai Thoir – East Kerry GAA Board
Founded 1925 following a decision taken at the county convention to sub-divide Kerry into 4 Divisions – North, South, East and West.
The legendary Dick Fitzgerald was the first chairman of the Board, and another legendary figure, Paul Russell, was the first secretary.
Delegates from the following clubs attended the first meeting of the new Board: Killarney, Currow, Farranfore, Firies, Kenmare, Headford, Kilcummin and Killorglin.
Down through the years, many different clubs from outside of the present boundaries were part of the division stretching from Kenmare to Glenbeigh and in more recent years, Ballymacelligott.
In 1931, Farranfore, Ballymac, Cordal, Scartaglen and Currow broke away from the Division and joined with Castleisland to form the Castleisland District League.
In 1947, Laune Rangers, Castlemaine, Milltown, Tuogh and Glenbeigh broke away with Beaufort to form the Mid Kerry League.
The Board is currently made up of the following 13 clubs: Cordal, Dr. Crokes, Currow, Firies, Fossa, Glenflesk, Gneeveguilla, Kilcummin, Legion, Listry, Rathmore, Scartaglen and Spa.
Cordal, Currow and Scartaglen rejoined the Board in 1971, while Ballymacelligott, who joined in 1972, were the last club to leave the Division.
In 1967, Bord Na nOg Chiarrai Thoir was set up to look after Juvenile affairs.
In 1982, St. Patricks Hurling Club was founded to cater for hurling in the Division.